Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd.

Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd.

Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. is an international mining company focused on the operation and continued development of the Oyu Tolgoi copper-gold mine in Mongolia, which is the Company’s principal and only material mineral resource property. Turquoise Hill’s ownership of the Oyu Tolgoi mine is held through a 66% interest in Oyu Tolgoi LLC); Erdenes Oyu Tolgoi LLC, a Mongolian state-owned entity, holds the remaining 34% interest.Oyu Tolgoi is one of the world’s largest new copper-gold mines and is located in the South Gobi region of Mongolia, approximately 550 km south of the capital, Ulaanbaatar, and 80 km north of the Mongolia-China border. Oyu Tolgoi has the potential to operate for approximately 100 years from five known mineralized deposits. The first of those (the Oyut deposit) was put into production as an open-pit operation in 2013. A second deposit, Hugo North (Lift One), is under development as an underground operation and is scheduled to begin sustainable production in 2021. The other three deposits, Hugo North (Lift Two), Hugo South and Heruga, are not yet scheduled for development.With the current development schedule, Turquoise Hill expects that Oyu Tolgoi will be the world’s third-largest copper producer at peak metal production in 2025.Turquoise Hill expects average production from 2025 to 2030 to be more than 550,000 tonnes of copper and over 450,000 ounces of gold per year, all from the Oyut open pit and the Hugo North Lift One underground operation.

Address

Suite 3680 1 Place Ville-Marie
Montreal, Quebec,
Canada, H3B 3P2

Phone

Toll Free: +1.877.589.4455

Website

http://www.turquoisehill.com

Industry

Mining

Listings

TSX: TRQ | NYSE: TRQ

Key Executives

Steve Thibeault - CEO,
Luke Colton - CFO,
Roy McDowall - Head of Investor Relations and Communication

Leadership Profile

Roy McDowall – Head of Investor Relations and Communication

Mr. McDowall is a capital markets professional with over 25 years of experience with Canadian based boutique and bank owned investment firms, and most recently served as Managing Director, Head of Equity Sales for Macquarie Capital Markets Canada. He also held similar positions with Credit Suisse, CIBC World Markets, Orion Securities and National Bank Financial. Over his career, Mr. McDowall has been instrumental in over 500 financings for companies globally with a focus on the mining industry, leveraging self-established relationships with Canadian and international institutional investors. Mr. McDowall holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the Simon Fraser University in British Columbia.

Need More Info From The Company?